Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Monday, July 04, 2005

so much to blog about, so little time

I haven't had enough chances to get to the tech room and blog, I have so much that I want to write about. I hope I can get it all down before it's time for the luncheon session.

First of all, I want to mention that I got some great ideas from the LLLIConf email list. The ladies there suggested the following that have been incredibly helpful: using a soft-sided cooler as a carry-on bag to bring snacks on the plane, calling the hotel to request a fridge for our room and packing small clothing like underpants (and toddler clothes) in 2.5 gallon ziploc bags. Pure genius.

My clothing solutions have worked. I have some less casual than usual maternity pants, so I have been wearing those with longer shirts or a couple of maternity shirts. I feel presentable and not too hot (or too cold).

Yesterday's luncheon session was wonderful. It was presented by an immunologist about all the things that breastmilk does for baby besides providing nutrition. The one thing that I found most interesting was that there is a chemosignal put out by breastfeeding mothers causes increased libido in women with a regular partner, or increased sexual fantasy in women without a regular partner. He then mentioned that certain famous people seated on an airplane near a nursing mother might get these signals and not know what to do with them. That might make them uncomfortable, fearful and angry, and then they might go on TV and say strange things about breastfeeding. Really, we shouldn't be angry at those people, we should feel bad for them. So there, Barbara!

I need to run down to get to the luncheon, later today I will come back and post about my afternoon session: The Risks of Not Breastfeeding, the World Faire and this morning's session: Sweet Dreams, helping your child sleep better.

Busy, busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home