Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

countdown!

It has suddenly occurred to me that tomorrow is June 1st and we are leaving at the end of June for the conference. I feel like I should run upstairs and start packing now!

Actually, I really want to pick out my knitting project for at the conference. I've been participating - okay, mostly just lurking - on a knitting discussion list on the LLL CN. I want to have something cool and fun to show off, but also portable. I bought Vivian Hoxbro's Domino Knitting in February and have yet to knit something from it. I think it will be the perfect sized project for the airplane. I can just bring some small circumference circular needles and cotton yarn. No fuss, no muss, nothing confiscated! Hopefully this time I won't leave my knitting accessories bag on an airplane headed for France. Oops.

It's funny, isn't it. I start thinking about something productive like packing and my mind turns immediately to thoughts of knitting. I guess you all know what I do when I'm supposed to be doing other things now.

5 Comments:

At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny! I thought of packing last night and the first thing I thought of was my LLLI name tag holder thingy.

I've been listening to some 2003 sessions that I didn't get to attend from the conference cd set and I'm getting super excited!
Jennifer in FL

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger AgnesAnne said...

Oh Funny!!

I feel the same way about packing... I feel like I should pack everything right now... of course then i wouldn't have anything to wear until then... which my cause some talk around town..

I've become obsessed with reading about past cnferences or reading email lists & blogs about the coming conference... so that's how I waste MY time.

Gail

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

I should be reading about past conferences! I keep thinking about the area conference, but I have a feeling that International is going to be a whole different ball game.

I am very excited, but nervous for some reason. :)

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Suna Kendall said...

I think I have the other book about modular knitting--can't find Domino Knitting here, so if you bring the book, I hope you'll show it to me. I'll probably mostly have a few pairs socks to work on and one big shawl, if I don't finish it during my week of vacation before the conference (NOT good timing if you are running the tech room, but I had little choice).

I, too, recently located my nametag thingie and put my 10-year Leader pin on it. I also knitted two outerwear things to wear if it is chilly in the hotel.

Sue Ann

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

I would be happy to show it to you! I am pretty sure that is what I am going to bring. I'm leaning towards a mitered denim baby blanket for one of my co-leaders, if I can stand the thought of having to sew up the squares after they're all knit!

I knit myself a Clapotis that I need to remember to bring as my outerwear and knitterly identification!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home