Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Friday, May 27, 2005

conference with a kid

My husband and son are coming with me to the conference this year. My husband didn't want to sign up for any sessions, but we did get him a registration so that he will be able to use the playroom with my son. We may haved lived in the DC area for 6 (me) and 3 (him) years, but we have grown accustomed to the cooler, less humid summers in California and neither one of us are looking forward to experiencing it again.

To avoid most of the heat I think Erik will be taking Niels to the national mall to visit the Air and Space Museum and the Natural History Museum. I am hoping that those two places will keep them occupied for at least two days. I am actually expecting that they will be able to spend two days in Air and Space alone, but that might be expecting much for a three year old.

Niels' birthday conicides with the conference. He is allergic to dairy, so I have looked up where the closest Whole Foods is to the hotel. (Except I think it's actually a Fresh Fields.) At any rate, I will be walking over there to get food for Niels and I to eat, so I am hoping to be able to order a dairy free cake for his birthday too! I usually bake his cakes, and can substitute for the dairy. I'm feeling slightly guilty that I'll be distracted from him on his birthday, so I need to do something to make it special. Motherly guilt is a powerful thing.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Suna Kendall said...

My kids (admittedly, older than yours) went to DC with my parents last summer. The #1 thing they RAVED about was the Air and Space Museum. It definitely could have taken up more than one of their vacation days! I sorta wish I had time to go there during the conference.
Sue Ann

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

I've been there before, since we used to live in DC. It doesn't excite me, but I know my husband loves it there. I'm just hoping there is enough there to keep Niels' 3-year-old attention!

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my dh is Erik with a k also. Cool : )

My son, who is turning 6 next week, was not quite two the last time we were in DC. He loved the space museum and definitely would have stayed there longer. I don't think we got to the Natural History museum, but we did go to the American History museum and he loved that too, especially the cars etc on the first floor.
Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home