Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Monday, June 27, 2005

a wrench in the clothing issue

I didn't tell you in the last post, but another reason that clothing is going to be problematic is that I am 11 weeks pregnant. I have sorted through some maternity stuff that one of my co-leaders loaned me and various "transition" items that I've purchased, and I think I can remain presentable through the three days I am attending conference sessions (the 2nd through the 4th). Whew.

I have even started packing. Someone on the LLLIConf Yahoo! group suggested packing small clothing items in 2 gallon ziploc bags. I can't believe that I never discovered 2 gallon ziploc bags before! I think I am in love. I feel much better about the TSA folks pawing through my suitcase if my undies are safely contained.

I found and then lost again my conference registration, so I can't tell you what sessions I'm registered for. It doesn't matter though, I'm very excited about the whole experience. Well, other than the heat in DC. It's never humid here in the Bay Area and it's supposed to be 90 degrees and very humid in DC when we arrive. Yuck. I might even have to bring an umbrella! The horrors. You can hardly tell that I lived in DC for six years, can you? (My husband is suggesting that I petition for the next conference to be in Hawaii in January. I'll get right on that, dear.)

This will be my last post before leaving. We fly out on Thursday morning, so I will post on Friday, if possible, or Saturday after my pre-conference workshop. See you there!

3 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Anabel said...

Just be comfortable! You usually look fine, and no one wants you to spend extra money on fancy pregnancy clothes for sitting in a room listening to other people talk.

Hawaii sounds good. How about San Diego? Or Colorado? There are a lot of places with nice weather.

I'm so excited for you! Have a fabulous time!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Anabel!

The clothing is all packed, so I am declaring it a non-issue from this point forward. ;) Now, I just need to find the big duffle bag so I can put the booster seat we need to check on the plane in it! Ack.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

You're pregnant?!? Did I know that? Congratulations! How fun. :)

~Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home