Please note: "Next blog" button will load a random, non-LLL blog. Click at your own risk.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

bad thing, more rita, LC thoughts

I did a bad thing this morning. I bought a sling! I did get a "last day of conference discount," and I didn't have to pay shipping, and I got a sling I've been wanting for a while (a stretch cotton Zolowear) in a fabric I like (the Hamptons fabric), and she's only going to have it for about a month. Is that enough reasons? Plus, Darien also said that if I find a buyer for the other Zolowear slings I have that I can send them to her for new rings and she will send it to the buyer. Hopefully that will encourage someone to buy it. We'll see, right? Erik won't kill me.

I went to another Rita talk this morning. She was great. She was talking about making time (and giving yourself permission) to take care of yourself. I think I do a fairly good job of treating myself to things (see the sling, above), but I don't always make time for myself to relax, and I think I need to do that and I will!

I talked to someone from IBLCE today and got clarification about the CEUs. I did need to buy the book and pay for the units so that I would get attendance certificates from the conference. Each session gives me two CEUs (for the two hour sessions), and I assume one for the luncheon sessions, since the talk part was only one hour. Also, the other prerequisite classes are available online, and those don't expire, so I should start doing those soon. Maybe I can do a couple before the baby comes. Once the baby comes, this is going to have to take a backseat for a while, for sure.

I am not sure if I will get a chance to post again. I'm about to go off to the last luncheon and I think I'm going to skip my CE session this afternoon because I'm feeling a bit too stressed running from room to room for CEUs that might expire before I need them. I want to shop in the bookstore a bit and maybe get to come back and post another blog entry that isn't a list of things that I did, but is thoughts on my conference experience!

Maybe I'll "talk" to you later!

2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abigail, I logged a lot of CERP hours that expired before I had enough clinical hours to sit the IBCLC exam. I consider them hours well-spent, though, as I learned so much from each new session.

Glad you are having a good time at the conference - I have enjoyed reading your experiences through your blog.

Judie

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

I do think they were hours well spent, they just got tiring at the end. I haven't had to sit in "classes" all day for a while! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed my blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home